On Fri, 31 May 2002, Ben Lutgens wrote:
> Discounts! What? I've never ever seen any evidence of this on any list
> I've been on. Who cares what "Organizations" think. The list is for
> users of the technology to discuss things, not proliferate thier
> damnable spam.
>
> There's nothing non-open about the list, the archives are publicly
> visible, and anyone can subscribe. It's just a check to make sure
> those corporations who support spam as a viable advertising medium
> can't load our mailboxen with useless unsolicited email.

Not sending discounts to the list.. just getting discounts from list
members.

I see it all the time on BAWUG, etc.. I actually already talked to Poynter
(antenna maker who apparently kind of sucks) and they would be willing to
sell us antennas at the volume pricing without having to meet the volume
numbers.. stuff like that.