From: tcwug-list-admin at tcwug.org [mailto:tcwug-list-admin at tcwug.org] On
Behalf Of Chuck Cole
Sent: Tuesday, September 17, 2002 11:24 AM
To: tcwug-list at tcwug.org
Subject: RE: [TCWUG] Wireless Bridge, Passive Relay

Those numbers don't go together to make a path estimate.  ERP doesn't
affect
actual watts per square meter field strength at the tower: it's only
saying
that a bigger transmitter on a dipole would do the same as the 100mW on
parabolic.  The tower is probably cylindrical which is dispersive and
thus a
lossy reflector at best, and its vertical angle isn't good for a bounce
either.  The receiving antenna's area is the only concentrating effect
there: square meters for an incoming wavefront of some watts per square
meter power density, so the result is some microwatts down the coax
pipe.

Might work, but looks feeble.

Chuck

Minnesota