when last we saw our hero (Friday, Jul 11, 2003),
 KASSNER, Michael was madly tapping out:
> Hello,
>
> There are three major brands that have external antenna connectors.  Orinoco
> and Senao are brands that I have used.  The Senao has 200mw output and the
> best receiver sensitivity ratings of most of them.
>
> http://www.senao.com/default-1.htm
>
> This next web page is from the Seattle group and it talks about cards and
> the Senao brand as well
>
> http://www.seattlewireless.net/index.cgi/FrequentlyAskedQuestions#line42.
>
> The list is pretty thorough.  As I have said that I use both brands and I
> have likes and dislikes about both, but they are not major.  I would see
> which had the best deal and if you wanted the extra power of the Senao.  I
> believe SMC now has a 200mw card, but I have no experience with it.

the cisco LMC cards also have mmcx connectors for a pigtail and an
external antenna.  the receiver sensitivity is quite good and they're
100mw cards.  it's key to note that if you're interested in running
HostAP mode you'll want a prism based card.  which the senao's are.

steve ulrich                       sulrich at botwerks.org
PGP: 8D0B 0EE9 E700 A6CF ABA7  AE5F 4FD4 07C9 133B FAFC