Nick Johannes wrote:
> I've got a project coming up involving 25 networked computers. Due to
> wiring concerns, we've determined that 802.11g is probably the best
> option.
>
> That being said, I'm going to be purchasing around 12 desktop cards,
> and around 12 PCMCIA cards, along with a wireless bridge or router.
>
> Price is semi-sensitive, but reliability is the major concern.
>
> If anyone has any suggestions (or brands to stay away from!) I'd
> appreciate it. Also, if there was a local place (or reccomended online
> dealer) then I'd be more than thrilled.

I'd like to ask a few questions before suggesting anything too detailed:

 o what kind of application is this (especially wrt sensitivity
   of the data) ?

 o is there are pre-existing authentication structure in place,
   if not - what kind of authentication would work in this environment ?

 o can you provide more detail on the expected bandwidth requirements
   and some info about the site (size, construction, etc) ?

I'd always recommend steering clear of Linksys/D-Link/<etc> wireless
products for commercial installations, but you have not provided
enough detail to choose between more suitable products(*).

(*) - unless of course you talk to a Cisco/Proxim/Symbol/<whatever>
      reseller, in which case the response is almost always "we've
      got just what you're looking for" (which may or may not
      actually be true.)
andyw at pobox.com

Andy Warner		Voice: (612) 801-8549	Fax: (208) 575-5634