I believe we did contact the Park Board.  If I remember right, they were not interested in working with us.

We will still move on the Loring park wireless project and what ever projects the group wants to work on.

Andrew.

________________________________

From: tcwug-list-bounces at tcwug.org on behalf of Leif Pihl
Sent: Fri 1/16/2004 2:30 PM
To: tcwug-list at tcwug.org
Subject: [TCWUG] 7th Question: Minneapolis Park & Rec'n Board's RFP (deadline, etc.)

TCWUG-ers:

As a part of composing the earlier six messages, and learning about
the Loring Park project, I thought: Hey, why don't I propose this as
a larger project to the Minneapolis Park & Recreation Board?

So, I called them up, and found out that one of the Commissioners,
the VP in fact, has already proposed this, a "RFP" has gone out, and
two or three proposals have come in.
"Netsurf.cc" and "Airwrx" have already put forward proposals, and
"Nortel" is expected to before today's deadline.

Unfortunately, so far as I know,
  * NOBODY at the MP&RB thought to consult with the TCWUG, and/or send
us the RFP.
    <and>
  * TODAY (Friday Jan 16th, 2004 at 4:00 pm) is the deadline for
submitting a proposal.

Hmmmmm...

Sounds too late to me for us to get involved, at least on the DOING
end of things.

_BUT_ I understand that it MAY not be too late for us to get involved
on the evaluation end of things.  LETS SPEAK UP!!!  I suggest
inviting to our February 10th meeting:
  - Commissioner John Erwin <erwin001 at umn.edu> of the MP&RB,
  - Mr. Bill Beck <Bill.Beck at ci.minneapolis.mn.us> of the City of
Minneapolis' IT Department
    and possibly
  - Mr. Don Siggelkow <dsiggelkow at minneapolisparks.org>, Staff person
for the MP&RB who is dealing with the RFP in question.

  - In my own case, I am represented by Commisioner Marie Hauzer
<Marieh at visi.com> of the 3rd District, so I'd like to personally
invite her as well.

leif at pihl.us