Subject: Article on wardriving
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2004 19:33:39 -0600
From: Patrick S. Ryan <patrick.ryan at ryanlegal.net>
To: declan at well.com

Declan,

I just published a law-review article that considers
wardriving and, more broadly, disclosure policies.  I
conclude that wardriving is legal and that there is an
intriguing movement afoot among "hackers" to form an ethical
code.  I am doing a bit of promotion of my article -- it is
freely available either on SSRN or online at the Virgina
Journal of Law & Technology's site. Here are the details if
you would like to pass it along to Politech readers.

Patrick S. Ryan, "War, Peace, or Stalemate: Wargames,
Wardialing, Wardriving, and the Emerging Market for Hacker
Ethics," Virginia Journal of Law & Technology, Vol. 9, No.
7, Summer 2004, available at http://ssrn.com/abstract=585867.

Best,

Patrick

----- End forwarded message -----
andyw at pobox.com

Andy Warner		Voice: (612) 801-8549	Fax: (208) 575-5634