I hope that things go more in the direction of city-wide wifi, and I think
VOIP on PDAs (and on UMA cell phone devices in the near future) is a good
reason to go towards a wifi broadband solution rather than tearing up the
streets for more copper or fiber.

-hk

P.S. there is a Saint Paul Issues Forum/mailing list at
http://forums.e-democracy.org/stpaul/groups/stpaul-issues/ that has some
posts on this topic as well.