First of all, when you are using E1/PRI (versus E1/R2) or T1/PRI (versus
inband signalled T1), it is definitely possible to have ISDN and modem calls
answered by using only one phone number.  Because with PRIs, the type of
call (voice or data) is present in the ISDN setup message so the Max can
distinguish the type of call and internally route it to the appropriate slot
card.

By default, if you take out all slot numbers and Ans #s in your
configurations, things should work fine.  However, I noticed that you also
changed other default configs which is causing the undesired behavior you
are seeing (and funny things you will see once you get past the modem
handshaking).  Specifically:

Sub-Adr=Routing (set this to None)
--I have never seen anyone ever use Sub-Adr so turn it off.

Excl Routing=Yes (set this to No)
--This one parameter alone is probably the most critical one that is causing
you all the grief (those unusual tones and such when you configure various
combinations of Ans #s and slot numbers).  Read about it in your Reference
manual.

Select CLID=User Prefer (set it back to default)
--Unless you also want to do caller-id authentication, you should not need
to set this.  I don't remember what the default setting is offhand (I think
it was "First"), but whatever it was, change it back if you never planned on
doing caller-id authentication.  Actually I don't think it matters if you
have "ID Auth=Ignore" under Ethernet->Answer, but this just raised a flag to
me that you might be configuring that area of caller-id authentication.

TServ options...PPP Delay=1 (set to 5)
--If you set this to 1 second, then most likely all PPP users will not have
enough chance to start negotiating PPP and will get dropped to the terminal
server.  Set it back to the default of 5 seconds, which has been proven to
be optimal for most people.

Modem Ringback=No (this one varies)
--Usually, having modem ringback set to yes has always worked well so I
wouldn't change it from the default setting of "yes"

I think that about covers it.  Hopefully this should fix your problem.

>Can you send the E1 PRI on your box config. ?
>
>Best Regards,
>Ahmed El-Hakim
>
>--__--__--
I've taken out all of the default/empty stuff,
connections,destinations,dial plans,routes (besides default),
firewalls,filters,security.

Steve Linebarger, Texas Metronet, 12200 Ford rd, Suite 170, Dallas Tx, 75234
http://www.metronet.com/~s (send me a cell phone/SMS text message)
srl at metronet.com
fax:    972-484-2173
Office: 972-488-2170