>From: Gene Schwab <gschwab at gemini.c-com.net>
>
>The TNT's at my company have been thrust into my care, and even after
>pouring over the documentation, I can't find the information I'm looking
>for.  I'm hoping someone here can help.

I find that having the docs in HTML is a great help. You can get them
from ftp.ascend.com. Also make sure that you have the release notes
for your firmware version.

>The TNT has 2 fast ethernet cards, 6 madd cards, 2 t1 cards, and 2 hdlc
>cards.  What I would -like- to do is have users with modems dial in to one
>t1 card (8 PRI's) and access one ip-pool, and have ISDN users connect to
>the other t1 card (4 PRI's) and access a different IP pool.  Due to
>configurations on our core router, these two must be kept separate,
>and thus must have all outgoing traffic exit on separate fast ethernet
>cards.

If you plug the modem-bearing PRIs into one T1 card and the
ISDN-bearing PRIs into another, you've accomplished the inbound part.

>Two questions:  How do I have each brand of user access the two separate
>ip pools; and, how can I ensure that the outgoing traffic is going to the
>correct ethernet card?

The TNT can have multiple virtual routers with the VRouter feature.
You can allocate interfaces to separate virtual routers and the
traffic will never meet inside the TNT unless you explicitly route it
between vrouters. It's an ideal way to accomplish your goal of making
one TNT into two.

http://www.esight.com is corporate, but has useful information nonetheless.
--

Peter Lalor           Infoasis