> If turning OSPF on causes your SDSL throughput to drop drastically,
> report it to Lucent. I've never run OSPF on our Max 20 that uses SDSL
> line cards, but I didn't see that particular problem when I used OSPF.

What I've heard of Lucent's tech-support doesn't encourage me to
take any action towards them. I'll try to apply some pressure towards
them.

> When they crash, they don't reset themselves? I've never seen that
> (well, maybe once). What does the fatal error log show?

No, they just crash. And no, the fatal error log shows nothing.

> As to the throughput, are you seeing any errors on the lines? The
> only time I say throughput go to hell was when I applied a complex
> filter (12 input and 12 output filters) to an interface. i had to
> remove the filter, although the box was lightly loaded.

Not in a scale that would warrant this. Some MAX20's give me a few
CRC's from the WAN-line occasionally, but this is pretty normal. This
also occurs with both software-versions (7.10.6 & 8.0.3). We have
only about 5-6 filters on the MAX20, so this is not a problem as I see
it.

> Other than that, as i said to Mikko, we've had RAIDUS Authentication
> cause major, major problems. If you can experiment with not running
> it on a box, I'd suggest that.

Ok, this is what I've heard also from Makko. The problem is that
I cant't find any relevance from the mailing-list archives to
a Radius-problem similar to mine.

Radius is crucial to us. We use it to authenticate DSLPipelines and
to distribute routes, so that we don't have to add static routes
to our routers. Due to this we are very reluctant to drop radius.
My opinion is that we should atleast test this with a few MAX20's,
but I'm yet to convince my superiors on the fact. If you (or anyone
else) have information, examples or anything else to give me about
radius-authentication and MAX20's I'd appricciate it very much.

Cheers,

Anssi Sallinen
Network Engineer
Jippii Group Oyj