** From: owner-ascend-users at max.bungi.com
** [mailto:owner-ascend-users at max.bungi.com]On Behalf Of Peter Howey
** Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2001 4:19 PM
** To: ascend-users at bungi.com
** Subject: (ASCEND) Ascend MAX & 3Com OfficeConnect ISDN?
**
** I have a peculiar problem and was wondering if anyone had had a
** similar prob
** or heard of something like this..
**
** I set up a Ascend MAX 6000 for my old employer on a PRI for
** internal WAN/RAS
** services and didn't
** have a problem with it until one of our larger customers turned up with a
** $50,000 LD phone bill from
** AT&T.
**
** The customer was dialing from outside our MacLeod virtual PoP and my boss
** had calculated cost
** estimates for them based on LD-RATEx24x7x2[b channels].  The customer
** accepted
** this estimate.
**
** The bills from AT&T look something like this:
**
** #=continuation of long duration call
**
** #APR    9    914AM    2371.8 [min]    529.19 [cost]
** APR    9    914AM    2325.0    524.87
** #APR    4    653AM    1994.5    414.61
** #APR    4    653AM    1440.0    320.58
** #APR    4    653AM    1440.0    293.76
** APR    4    653AM    2466.2    556.74
** APR    4    159AM    293.5    59.87
** APR    3    1105PM    173.5    35.39
** APR    3    600PM    304.0    65.91
**
** That's for the first line, the second B looks the same [with the same
** costs].  The bills are filled with techically
** impossible connections - the only explanation is that they were
** being billed
** for connections that were not properly
** terminated by either the client or host.
**
** FCC Tarif 4 states that if the terminating customer's premises
** disconnects
** but the originating customer's premises
** does not, chargeable time ends when the connection is released
** by automatic
** timing equipment in the telecommunications
** network.
**
** My old employer stated in a certified letter that he had a 3Com
** technician
** go through the config that I had done
** on the client's OfficeConnect ISDN modems and found that they
** were correct.
** I'm wondering if a config problem
** on the MAX end would have caused this?
**
** I have also heard that he also had a similar problem with
** another customer
** after I left his employ, and I know
** that that customer was using MacLeod's virtual PoP to him, so I am ruling
** out a LD-related possibility.
**
** For the record, I'm now working for the comany with the $50,000
** phone bill,
** which puts me in a very awkward position.
**
** Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.
**
** Peter M. Howey, MFA
** MIS, Freedom Group, LLC
** 901 Salzburg Ave.
** Bay City, MI  48706
** 989-895-9733
** 989-895-9722 FAX
**
** The sooner all of the animals are extinct, the sooner we'll find where
** they've been hiding their money.
**
** ++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
** To unsubscribe:	send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request at bungi.com