From: "Tushar Patel" <tushar at ecpi.com>
> I recently purchased 3048, and I am trying to configure it and
> I have simple question.
>
> We have been using pm3 for while, and  are usinf following radius entry
> for all users:
>
> DEFAULT Authentication-Type = UNIX-PW
> pppuser Authentication-Type = None
>         Service-Type = Framed,
>         Framed-Protocol = PPP,
>         Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.0,

You may want to change your "Framed-IP-Netmask", as I don't believe you want
to assign a Class C Network to your dial-up users.  Change it to:

        Framed-IP-Address = 255.255.255.254,
        Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.255,

> It worked fine for pm3.
>
> Now I am reading documents on how Ascend does Ip assignments
> It appears that I need to add following to assign Ip address from the pool
>
> Ascend-Assign-IP-Pool = 1,
>
> Since my radius does not have that define, how can I make it work with out
> adding that? Or it is must?
> If it is must then can some body suggest radius (preferable free) that can
> work with pm3 and Ascend.

I'm not sure if "Ascend-Assign-IP-Pool = 1" is neccessary, as I don't
remember adding that to the "users" file.

We use Cistron-Radius 1.6.4 (http://www.miquels.cistron.nl/radius/) with
both PM3 and MAX6000.

Scot W. Hetzel

++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++