MPuras at solunet.com wrote:

> Hello!
>
>  I have a Max 3000 that I am trying to get it not to send the Vendor
> Specific Attributes (VSAs) to the Radius server.  I have set my setting to
> use the "old" mode which as I understand it, it should not send over ANY VSA

Ols mode just sends the attributes in the RFC attributes space instead of the
VSA attribute space.   When in OLD mode you are in an RFC violation mode and
some of the ascend attribute numbers will conflict with RFC attribute numbers.
The MAX will always send the Ascend- attributes regardless of the setting.  It
just changes how they are sent.

--
Thomas C Kinnen - <tkinnen at lucentradius.com> <tkinnen at fanfic.net>
[RADIUS Engineer] - LUCENT Technologies INS