Hi,

You have probably already tried it but I have found that changing the
order of training types (V.90 first, K56Flex second) can make a
differance. Lucent modems usually accept one of S109={0,1,2} FWIW...

I dont have any rcokwell/Conexant strings we have used - I just realized
our office manager erased my whiteboard... arrgh!

try: http://808hi.com/56k/x2-linklimit.htm#rock for examples.

hope it helps...

Andrew McRory - President        amacc at iron-bridge.net *****************
Iron Bridge Communications, Inc. www.iron-bridge.net     850-575-0779 **
1660-5 North Monroe Street       Tallahassee, FL 32303                **

On Mon, 19 Mar 2001, Troy Settle wrote:

> All,
>

> Is it just me, or are others having problems with HCF family of modems?
>

> Compaq's with HCF Micromodems can not connect to my TNT running 8.0.4
> PCTEL HSP can not connect to TNT running 8.0.4 or Max running 7.0.26
>

> Handshake finishes out at speeds of anywhere from 34k to 54k, but stops cold
> before windows even has a chance to initiate PPP.
>

> Disabling V90 (+MS=V34) will allow the modem to connect perfectly at 31.2 or
> 33.6.  I've tried all sorts of firmware updates, nothing seems to work.
>

> Same modems seem to connect just fine to Cisco, Livingston, and USR.  I
> spent nearly an hour on the phone tonight with one customer who's getting
> 53.3K to a competitor with PM3, but could not establish a good connection
> with us at all (max 7.0.26).
>

> Thanks for any insight that might help me out here,
>

> --
>   Troy Settle
>   Pulaski Networks
>   540.994.4254
>

> It's always a long day, 86400 doesn't fit into a short

++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
To unsubscribe:	send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request at bungi.com