> When Livingston started using Java for their GUI management tools, I
> thought it was a good idea.  I don't like Java for a daemon that I have
> to have 100% reliability from though.  I'd use Radiator (written in
> Perl) before using something written in Java.
> --
> Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>
> Systems and Network Administrator - HiWAAY Internet Services
If one was going to compare Client side(E.g.GUI Management tools) and Server
side java(daemons).
Client side Java is generally accepted as being quite slow when compared to
C or C++ compiled programs.
Server side Java is a totally different ball game, and can be exceptionally
fast.

Any Java developer worth their salt, would have to agree with that.

Cheers
James

++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
To unsubscribe:	send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request at bungi.com