You could not mix the 48 and 96 port
MultiDSP cards together prior to version 9.1.0.
With 9.1.x, apparently you can, but you have to pay for it.

Furthermore: You can mix single-slot Series56 III cards and  MultiDSP
(48 or 96)  in the same chassis with any TAOS load. Dual-slot Series56
cards cannot be used in the same MAX TNT unit as the MultiDSP card.

 - Nicholas Sten wrote:
 - Furthermore, the following should be noted.

 - * You can mix the 48-port and 96-port MultiDSP cards in a single chassis
 - for data applications only (v.90, ISDN, VPN, etc.) but not when running
VoIP.
 - * The 96-port MultiDSP will only support G.711 and G.729a
 - * The 48-port MultiDSP supports the following codecs: G.711, G.729a,
 - G.723.1, G.728, and RT-24

 - This information was obtained from "Frequently Asked Questions - TAOS 9.0
 - for MultiVoice", PDF filename 139912_FAQ.pdf

 - I'm in the same boat, with a truckload of csm3v's that I had anticipated
 - way-back-when would be the card.  I don't suppose you have any old
 - documentation that said it would be able to support voice, do you?

I've been told that the V3-S-C uses the Conexant csmv/3 chipset with the
intention that these cards would be further developed to do Voice, that
didn't eventuate.