No idea.  There are three subscribers on the list at real-time.com.

tanner at real-time.com
rte-ascend at listserv.real-time.com
natecars at real-time.com

> What is its purpose ?
>
> If it is an essential part of the delivery of this list to subscribers,
> then if it holds messages for hours or days before sending them on, then it
> doesn't matter from the point of view of list subscribers exactly where the
> fault lies, the end result is the same...

It is not an essential part of the list.  ascend-users-request at bungi.com
is where subscription requests go, and the list is maintained here.

If real-time.com is offering downstreams subscriptions (and I don't know if
they are, or aren't), then the problem lies solely there.  As far as I'm
concerned, they are just another subscriber.