12, 11:18, Simon Byrnand writes:]

>> >Note that max.bungi.ocm is where the list is run.  If there was a
>> >delay at real-time.com, that's out of my control.
>> >
>> >So, the orginal poster may have a problem, but it isn't here at bungi.com
>> >where the lists are run.
>>
>> Excuse my ignorance, but how does real-time.com fit into the scheme of
>> things if its not related to the mailing list ?
>
>No idea.  There are three subscribers on the list at real-time.com.
>
>tanner at real-time.com
>rte-ascend at listserv.real-time.com
>natecars at real-time.com
>

>> What is its purpose ?
>>
>> If it is an essential part of the delivery of this list to subscribers,
>> then if it holds messages for hours or days before sending them on, then it
>> doesn't matter from the point of view of list subscribers exactly where the
>> fault lies, the end result is the same...
>>

>It is not an essential part of the list.  ascend-users-request at bungi.com
>is where subscription requests go, and the list is maintained here.
>
>If real-time.com is offering downstreams subscriptions (and I don't know if
>they are, or aren't), then the problem lies solely there.  As far as I'm
>concerned, they are just another subscriber.

Ah..... Now we're onto the real problem. I checked back through my folder
to my initial subscription and I used the page:

So it looks like they are definately offering downstream subscriptions to
the list.

The interesting thing is that their pages are misleading in the sense that
there is no indication that they are not the authorative version of the
list, and that they are only doing downstream subscriptions. I had no
reason to suspect this at the time I subscribed.

Ok, hands up everyone reading this who is actually going via
real-time.com's downstream subscription ? A number, I would imagine,
including the people experiencing delays.

So what is the exact method to subscribe to the "real" version of the list
? The word subscribe in the body of a message to
ascend-users-request at bungi.com ?

I'll unsubscribe from the real-time.com version of the list and subscribe
to the "real" one. I suggest anyone else experiencing delays do the same :)

Thanks Dave

Regards,
Simon

++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++