On 8 Jul 2003, arif wrote:
> To add to the phone advice, I'll chime in with my experience: I've got
> tmobile service, and the sony ericsson T300.  The cool thing about the
> phone is that it's got an IR port, and one day, sitting at a
> conference, I thought "hey, I wonder if. . ."  and as it turns out, it
> works beautifully.  I haven't tried it with Linux yet since I've no
> longer got a laptop that runs linux, but Windows 2k recognized it as a
> modem over an IR link and was happy to get on the 'net with it -- no
> cable, no nothing.  Only downside is that it does run down the battery
> a bit more quickly.

I used to do it that way, but always ran into problems with getting things
lined up when I was in a car or something. Also, getting IR working under
Linux can be a pain with some Ericsson phones - have to set the max speed
to 19200 (IIRC), or it won't work. I use bluetooth on my t68i now; works
great. Also bought one of those $3 usb->phone cables, so if my phone
starts running low, I can put it on real power.  :)